Australia Post Landing Services
Once you have acquired your visa, whether it is a Permanent Residence visa, Student Visa, or any other type of visa, the next challenge is a smooth transition to Australia. Many of us have no contacts or very limited contacts in Australia, while some do not wish to take support from others and want to move on their own. Well, in that case, we are here to provide you with complete assistance in your initial settlement in Australia from the very start.
Before you decide on moving to Australia, it is important that you seek answers to some of the important questions such as:
- Which city should you choose to settle in?
- What is the easiest and quickest way to find/apply for a Job or to setup your own business in selected city/ cities?
- What should you know about rental accommodation? The risks and benefits associated with various types of housing.
- What criteria should you know/meet to enroll your children to school?
- What are the best courses/training programs including selected government funded courses to upgrade skills for self/spouse?
- What to know about the climate/environment in your city of choice?
- How to know the realistic Cost of Living information, such as Rentals, Cost of household, Transportation, etc.,?
- What/how to move household goods to Australia?
- Know your visa conditions if any? And what information should you keep updated to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)? (Kindly note, this information will be provided by our Registered Migration Agent).
Once you have finalized to move and confirm your travel dates, we offer following services upon your arrival in Australia, including:
- Information/guidance on airfare and ticket booking.
- Information on filling the Incoming Passenger Card correctly; Guidance on the Immigration Clearance process.
- Provide information on Quarantine and Customs – Things to avoid bringing to Australia and custom rules, and fines.
- Pick-up from the Airport (Currently available for Melbourne only). Subject to number of persons and luggage included.
- Arrange a good comfortable temporary accommodation (hotel/hotel apartment/home stay/dormitory as desired) for low price and within the CBD area.
- House search assistance – Provide tips on choosing property, location, and guidance on lease agreements and tenant obligations, so that you have a clear idea before you make a decision.
- Assistance in applying for Medicare card. Also assist in filling the online/ manual forms.
- Assistance in applying for Centre Link. And provide advice on types of benefits.
- Assistance in choosing the school for your children and provide you with realistic information about schooling in Australia.
- Assistance in applying for a Driving License, type of documentation required, and tips on buying car.
- Assistance in applying for Tax File Number (TFN).
- Assistance in applying for an Australian Business Number (ABN) and guide on procedure to register a company name.
- Assistance in opening a Bank account. (You can open a Bank account even before you land in Australia. Kindly visit “Useful Resources” page on our website.
- Guidance in drafting your Resume as per the Australian Standard for job search.
- Provide contact details of major Job Recruitment Agencies in Australia and provide you with valuable tips on applying for a job and how to get more interview calls.
- Provide guidance and assistance in enrolling for government funded courses such as English language training for up to 490 hours (only for Permanent Residence visa holders), which will help you to be more proficient in your English language.