Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
Australia Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 is a point-based state nominated Australia PR visa for skilled workers who want to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis. However, an applicant first need to get a nomination/sponsorship from the Australian state/territory, to apply for visa subclass 190. Eligible applicants must obtain a qualifying score of 65 points in the Australia’s Skilled Migration point test.
This visa is for applicants who have an occupation in high demand in Australia’s labor market.
In order to apply for subclass 190 visa, you first need to choose an occupation from the relevant Australia occupational demand list, after that you need to submit an EOI (Expression Of Interest) through Skill Select online for confirmation of your visa and subsequently, attain a nomination from a state or territory government agency in Australia.
If the Australian government likes your profile, you will get an Invitation To Apply (ITA) for visa subclass 190. You have a minimum time period of 60 days to apply for visa 190 after receiving the invitation.
Thus, you are also expected to live for at least 2 years inside the State/Territory that nominated you for visa subclass 190 visa. You also have the right to include the names of some of your family members with visa application.
Visa 190 is a permanent visa, designed to attract young, skilled, and experienced candidates to Australia.
- Check whether your nominated occupation is listed on Australia’s COL
This is a primary necessity to see if your occupation is listed on Australia’s Combined Occupation List or not. This list mentions those occupations which are required in the Australian economy to fill the labor gaps in Australia.
- Must comply with the minimum eligibility points requirements
You must score at least 65 points in the Australia Immigration point test. The points are awarded for your age, educational qualification, work-experience, skills, language requirements etc.
- Must have a positive skill assessment report
On the basis of your profile, you must have a skill assessment test done by the relevant authority for an occupation listed on Australia’s Combined Occupation List. A positive skill assessment test report is required to proceed further.
- Must be nominated by State or Territory government agency
Since this is a state nominated visa, the prime requirement to be eligible to apply for visa 190 is a nomination by state or territory Australian government agency. The nomination is generally given to those applicant who has a high Australia Immigration point score.
Besides the above mentioned key criteria, the following requirements are equally important to apply for state nominated visa subclass 190:
- Age:You must be under 45 years if and when you are invited to apply for this visa
- Language Requirement:You must have competent English if and when you are invited to apply for this visa. Check language requirement for Australia Permanent Residency.
- Work Experience:You must have at least 2 years of working experience if and when you are invited to apply for this visa.
- Education:You must be a Graduate degree holder (Equivalent to Australian education standards) if and when you are invited to apply for this visa.
- Health:You as well as your family members irrespective of them accompanying you to Australia must give health examination test.
- Character:if and when invited to apply for this visa, you must submit a proof of bearing a good moral character by successful submission of police certificate for each country, each member has ever lived in, for an accumulative period of 1 year or more over last 10 years.
- Debts: you must have repaid, or have arranged to repay, any outstanding debt to the Australian government.
- Cancelled Visas:If ever your visa got cancelled or refused while you were still in Australia, you may not be able to apply for visa subclass 190.