The Federal Skilled Worker Program Canada
The Federal Skilled Worker Program
The FSWP category of Express Entry helps the Canadian government in finding the right candidate with required qualification and experience. Currently, there is a total of 347 occupations applicable under the FSWP.
The FSWP Process Requirements
Under the Federal Skilled Program, you are required to make an EOI (Expression of Interest)and create an Express Entry profile. The information in the profile provides a potential score out of 100 based on an assessment grid.
In order to qualify, you have to score 67 out of 100 based on some key factors, i.e.
Points are scored based on factors like:
- Arranged employment: 10 points
- Adaptability: 10 points
- Age: 12 points
- Education: 25 points
- Language ability: 28 points
- Work experience: 15 points
Other FSWP Process Requirements
- Sufficient Funds-To apply through this immigration program, you should have sufficient funds in your bank account to financially support you and your family members Canada.
- Medical Exams- You are also required to complete your medical examination for proving that you and your family members are in good health condition. This should be done via a medical professional listed on the Canadian Physicians Panel.
- Security Clearance- Another step is to get your security clearance document, also known as a PC (Police Clearance) Certificate.
- Work Experience- You should have at least one year of full-time employment, work experience for applying under this program. Volunteer work or any unpaid internship will not be accepted.
The Federal Skilled Program Application Process
The application process for this Program is easy to follow. There are eight steps to follow for completing your application:
- Create an online Express Entry profile
- Get a score based on CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System)
- Receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply)
- Submit your PR application
- Wait, while an Immigration Officer reviews your application
- Apply for PCC and medical exam certificate when asked by the visa office
- Confirm a valid passport and keep your PR application fee ready
- Receive your Canadian PR visa approval