How to send staff to Canada through Intra-Company Transfers

Multinational companies can send key staff to work in Canada through Intra-Company Transfer work permits.

If your company has a parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate in Canada, you can send key personnel to the Canadian location through an Intra-Company Transfer (ICT). ICT work permits are initially valid for one year and may be eligible for renewal. If the worker qualifies, employers are exempt from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) requirement. Both the company and the transferee must meet certain qualifications to be eligible for the ICT.