How to sponsor your child for Canadian immigration

Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their child living abroad to immigrate to Canada.

Through family class sponsorship, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor a dependent child living abroad to come join them in Canada and become a permanent resident. The purpose of sponsoring a dependent child is to enable family members who reside in different countries to be reunited in Canada.