Some tech professionals may be eligible to come to Canada as Business Visitors, which means they do not need a work permit to enter the country.
A Business Visitor is a foreign national who comes to Canada to conduct business activities. Since they do not enter the labour market on their trip, no work permit is required.
To be considered a Business Visitor, you must demonstrate the following:
- you plan to stay for less than six months;
- you do not plan to enter the Canadian labour market;
- your main place of business and source of income and profits are outside Canada;
- you have documents that support your application; and
- you meet Canada’s basic entry requirements including a valid travel document such as a passport, enough money for your stay and return home, a plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit, and you are not a criminal, security, or health risk to Canadians.
IT workers may be considered Business Visitors in the following circumstances: