Quebec workplaces can now have up to 20% temporary foreign workers on staff.
A previously-announced measure allowing Quebec employers to recruit more temporary foreign workers took effect on January 10.
Quebec workplaces can now support staff of up to 20 % temporary workers, up from 10%. The measure applies to business in the following specific sectors identified by Quebec:
- Retail Trade excluding Food;
- Accommodation and Food Services;
- Food, Beverage and Tobacco Manufacturing;
- Management of Companies and Enterprises and Administrative, Support and Other Services;
- Health Care;
- Forestry and Logging;
- Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing;
- Plastic and Rubber Product Manufacturing;
- Wood Product Manufacturing.