Canada Student Visa from the Best Immigration Consultants
Canada has developed one of the world’s finest education systems, with the Government spending over 12% of their annual budget on Education in Canada. Their internationally recognized qualifications and attractive tuition fees make Canada a competitive destination for international students. Although the Student Visa to Canada options is granted temporary residence initially, there are pathways to permanent residence in Canada that can be explored.
The visa is temporary and allows the applicant to:
- Live and study in Canada
- Work on campus for up to 20 hours per week
Once you have completed a year of study in Canada on this visa, you may be eligible to apply for an ‘off campus’ work permit. This will allow you to work for any empl0yer for up to 20 hours per week in term time and full time during school holidays.
In order to be considered for a student visa to Canada an applicant must satisfy the following basic requirements:
- Must have been accepted onto a course for more than 6 months by a recognized education institute in Canada (Letter of Acceptance)
- Prove that you have enough maintenance for the duration of your stay which should include travel, tuition, accommodation and living expenses
- Be of good health and character
Students should check out the entry requirements of their education institution of interest in Canada (i.e. English Language requirements and education requirements) to determine their requirements for acceptance.
Family members can be included in the main applicants application, however each must apply for their own temporary resident visas i.e. dependent children should apply for a Student Visa at the same time as the main applicant but do not require a letter of acceptance.
If you have a Letter of Acceptance and meet the basic requirements, take our free assessment and get in touch today!
OFF CAMPUS WORK PERMIT FOR STUDENTS
International Students in Canada on a valid Student Visa are not automatically entitled to work in Canada. They must first complete at least 6 months of full time study and adhere to all student visa regulations. In addition to your student visa which allows you to live and study in Canada, the off-campus work permit will allow you to:
- Work in Canada for 20 hours per week in term time and full-time during school breaks
To be eligible to apply for the Work Permit in Canada the student must:
- Be enrolled in full time education in a participating Canadian Education institution and possess a valid Study Permit
- Comply with all Student visa regulations
- Have satisfactory academic standing in your specific program for at least 6 out of 12 months immediately before applying
Once granted this visa a Student must maintain their satisfactory academic record in order to keep the Work Permit valid and must seek employment without assistance just as they would in their home country.